National conference 2016
Thank you to all those who attended and supported our second annual national conference: ‘Recognising risks, Supporting brighter futures’.
The conference, attended by over 300 delegates from across the UK and further afield, featured sessions on:
- opportunities for shared learning on early intervention across the devolved UK nations & Ireland
- the importance of interparental relationships for child outcomes
- evidence on interventions designed to enhance parent–child interaction from conception to age 5
- emerging models of multi-agency cross-sector working for the early identification of children at risk
- emerging research on genetics and implications for early intervention policy and practice.
Speakers from EIF will be sharing our latest evidence and learning on implementation, and the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions the Rt Hon Stephen Crabb MP will be delivering a keynote speech – his first since his appointment in March. Other speakers include leading voluntary sector, local government and academic figures from across the country.